Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Look of a Winner

"Eyes! Hair! Mouth! Figure! Dress! Voice! Style! Movement! Hands! Magic! Rings! Glamour!Face! Diamonds! Excitement! Image!
I came from the people,
they need to adore me,
so Christian Dior me,
from my head to my toes,
I need to be dazzling,
I want to be Rainbow High!
They must have excitement,
and so must I."
"Rainbow High," Evita, lyrics by Andrew Lloyd Webber

Okay, so it's impossible to imagine McCain or Obama being as style-conscious as Eva Peron. But they matter in a big way. So every election season brings the obligatory reminder that looks and nonverbal communications really do influence voters' choices in the polling booth. If you need a refresher course on the politics of image, try this article from the Arizona Republic, and the readers' comments on it.Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Custom Search